The Accept and ARK Oradea associations have announced that they will appeal to the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) after local authorities in Oradea banned the Pride march dedicated to the LGBTIQ+ community for three consecutive years. Representatives of the two organizations accuse the city hall of discrimination and violation of the right to peaceful assembly. Each time they requested authorization for the march, they received negative responses based on reasons deemed fictitious, such as overlapping with other events or submitting the request before the legal deadline. Last year, for example, the authorities cited scheduling conflicts, and this year they mentioned construction work in the city. In protest, the LGBT community organized a demonstration, but participants were fined. Now, the associations are seeking justice at the ECHR, considering that in Romania they have no other legal avenues available.
Sources
Două asociații cer dreptate la CEDO, după ce primăria Oradea a interzis trei ani la rând marșul dedicat comunității LGBTIQ+ | AUDIO
Primăria Oradea, dată în judecată la CEDO. Este acuzată că discriminează comunitatea LGBTIQ+
Interzicerea Oradea PRIDE va fi judecată la CEDO. Asociații ale comunității LGBTIQ+ acuză Primăria de discriminare sistemică
Oradea, reclamată la CEDO fiindcă n-a permis organizarea marșului Pride! „Un tipar de excludere a membrilor LGBTIQ+ din spațiul public”
Latest News
15:28
Ursula von der Leyen reacted to the destruction of the marine drone by Romania: "This is a hybrid war"
15:28
Were or were not the two marine drones found in the Black Sea loaded with explosives / What the Chief of Staff says
15:27
Samsung will hold a Galaxy event on August 27, where it will present the new Galaxy S26 FE
15:18
A second maritime drone, identified in the Black Sea by the Coast Guard, says Radu Miruță
15:17
Alexandru Nazare: "Romania should not be put in the position of choosing between an unsustainable salary reform and essential investments funded through the PNRR"
See more news