search icon
search icon
Flag Arrow Down
Română
Română
Magyar
Magyar
English
English
Français
Français
Deutsch
Deutsch
Italiano
Italiano
Español
Español
Русский
Русский
日本語
日本語
中国人
中国人

Change Language

arrow down
  • Română
    Română
  • Magyar
    Magyar
  • English
    English
  • Français
    Français
  • Deutsch
    Deutsch
  • Italiano
    Italiano
  • Español
    Español
  • Русский
    Русский
  • 日本語
    日本語
  • 中国人
    中国人
Sections
  • News
  • Exclusive
  • INSCOP Surveys
  • Podcast
  • EU
  • Diaspora
  • Republic of Moldova
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Current Affairs
  • International
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Education
  • IT&C knowledge
  • Arts & Lifestyle
  • Opinions
  • Elections 2025
  • Environment
About Us
Contact
Privacy policy
Terms and conditions
Quickly scroll through news digests and see how they are covered in different publications!
  • News
  • Exclusive
    • INSCOP Surveys
    • Podcast
    • EU
    • Diaspora
    • Republic of Moldova
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Current Affairs
    • International
    • Sport
    • Health
    • Education
    • IT&C knowledge
    • Arts & Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Elections 2025
    • Environment
135 new news items in the last 24 hours
  1. Home
  2. International

The number of European countries rejecting involvement in some American military operations in the war in Iran is increasing.

Nicoleta Onofrei
whatsapp
facebook
linkedin
x
copy-link copy-link
1 April 2026, 08:20
main event image
International
operatiuni militare americane FOTO Us NavyU.S. Navy Zuma Press Profimedia
google-preference

Always see our news on Google

France and Italy have rejected some American-Israeli military operations, sources said on Tuesday, while American President Donald Trump criticized NATO allies in Europe, calling them useless in the month-long war in Iran, highlighting divisions within the alliance, Reuters reports.


The decisions came amid tensions between Washington and key partners due to the war. Earlier this month, Trump referred to NATO allies as "dead weight" due to their lack of support. On Tuesday, he strongly criticized countries that did not assist in the American-Israeli attacks.


In short, Israel wanted to use French airspace to transport American weapons to be used in the war against Iran, but the French opposed it, and the Israeli Ministry of Defense accused Paris of obstructing the transfer of munitions to Israel.


Also, last week, Italy denied permission for American military planes to land at the Sigonella airbase in Sicily before heading to the Middle East, sources said.


Meanwhile, Spain defended its decision to completely close its airspace to American planes involved in the attacks on Iran.


Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez was among the most vocal critics of the American and Israeli attacks, and Defense Minister Margarita Robles stated that Spain would only allow the use of its bases for the collective defense of NATO allies.

Sources

sursa imagine
Stirile ProTV
Diviziuni în NATO. Mai multe state se opun implicării în operaţiunile militare SUA împotriva Iranului. Reacția lui Trump
sursa imagine
News.ro
Europa se opune unor operaţiuni militare americane pe fondul îngrijorărilor crescânde legate de un război prelungit cu Iranul, stârnind mânia lui Trump
sursa imagine
RFI
Italia nu a permis unor avioane militare americane să aterizeze la o bază din Sicilia pentru operațiuni în Iran
sursa imagine
caleaeuropeana.ro
Italia refuză utilizarea de către SUA a bazei Sigonella din Sicilia pentru zboruri implicate în conflictul din Iran - caleaeuropeana.ro
sursa imagine
caleaeuropeana.ro
Italia refuză utilizarea de către SUA a bazei Sigonella din Sicilia pentru zboruri implicate în conflictul din Iran

Latest News

18:23

The Argentine Football Federation was fined 321,000 dollars for the incidents in the World Cup final / Paredes, suspended for 10 matches

18:19

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has issued a warning for Romanians traveling in Serbia

18:14

The Ministry of National Defense intervenes in the southern dike area of the Midia Port following a call to 112 regarding a possible drone fragment.

18:03

A person was found charred in a car engulfed in flames, on DN1A

17:57

Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian stated that it is time to end the war with the USA, emphasizing Tehran's position of power.

See more news

NEWS ON THE SAME TOPICS

event image
International
NATO Summit in Ankara, while Trump launches a new attack on Iran and reopens the debate about Greenland
event image
International
New accusations from Iran. Romania targeted after the statements of the NATO chief.
event image
International
Donald Trump, new criticisms regarding NATO countries for refusing assistance in Iran: "When we need help, they say 'no'"
event image
International
Donald Trump resumes attacks on NATO and accuses allies of abandoning the USA in the war with Iran.
event image
International
Iran accuses NATO and European countries of fueling the escalation of the conflict, following Mark Rutte's statements about the USA.
event image
Current Affairs
Mark Rutte cites Romania as an example of how European countries have supported the USA in the war against Iran.
app preview
Personalized news feed, AI-powered search, and notifications in a more interactive experience.
app preview app preview
American military operations Iran war Donald Trump Italy France Spain Donald Trump

Editor’s Recommendations

main event image
Politics
2 hours ago

PNL has validated new interim presidents for sectors 2, 3, 4, and 5 of the Capital. Former journalist Sanda Nicola, appointed head of Sector 2.

Sources
imagine sursa
imagine sursa
imagine sursa
imagine sursa
imagine sursa
+3
main event image
Current Affairs
19 minutes ago

The Ministry of National Defense intervenes in the southern dike area of the Midia Port following a call to 112 regarding a possible drone fragment.

Sources
imagine sursa
imagine sursa
imagine sursa
imagine sursa
imagine sursa
+2
main event image
Opinions
3 hours ago
Editorials and opinions

A critique of political communication

main event image
Politics
4 hours ago

Informat.ro Summary / What changes the new political parties law would bring. The project has been put up for public consultation.

main event image
Opinions
2 hours ago

Sever Voinescu: What is there to say about the nation

main event image
Current Affairs
2 hours ago

"Ultraelitist". A wave of comments after one of the administrators of the restaurant "La Mița Biciclista" attacked an old pastry shop in Piața Amzei.

Sources
imagine sursa
imagine sursa
imagine sursa
imagine sursa
imagine sursa
main event image
Exclusive
4 hours ago

ANALYSIS The romantic rumor is not the problem. Rather, it is Natalie Harp's access to Trump.

main event image
Exclusive
9 hours ago
Original Content

EXCLUSIVE | August 21, 2026. Trends in online searches / last 24 hours

main event image
Sport
2 hours ago

The match schedule for the groups of the Romanian Cup edition 2026/2027. Who are Dinamo, Rapid, U. Craiova, and FCSB playing against?

app preview
Personalized news feed, AI-powered search, and notifications in a more interactive experience.
app preview
app store badge google play badge
  • News
  • Exclusive
  • INSCOP Surveys
  • Podcast
  • EU
  • Diaspora
  • Republic of Moldova
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Current Affairs
  • International
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Education
  • IT&C knowledge
  • Arts & Lifestyle
  • Opinions
  • Elections 2025
  • Environment
  • About Us
  • Contact
Privacy policy
Cookies Policy
Terms and conditions
Open source licenses
All rights reserved Strategic Media Team SRL

Technology in partnership with

anpc-sal anpc-sol