search icon
search icon
Flag Arrow Down
Română
Română
Magyar
Magyar
English
English
Français
Français
Deutsch
Deutsch
Italiano
Italiano
Español
Español
Русский
Русский
日本語
日本語
中国人
中国人

Change Language

arrow down
  • Română
    Română
  • Magyar
    Magyar
  • English
    English
  • Français
    Français
  • Deutsch
    Deutsch
  • Italiano
    Italiano
  • Español
    Español
  • Русский
    Русский
  • 日本語
    日本語
  • 中国人
    中国人
Sections
  • News
  • Exclusive
  • INSCOP Surveys
  • Podcast
  • EU
  • Diaspora
  • Republic of Moldova
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Current Affairs
  • International
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Education
  • IT&C knowledge
  • Arts & Lifestyle
  • Opinions
  • Elections 2025
  • Environment
About Us
Contact
Privacy policy
Terms and conditions
Quickly scroll through news digests and see how they are covered in different publications!
  • News
  • Exclusive
    • INSCOP Surveys
    • Podcast
    • EU
    • Diaspora
    • Republic of Moldova
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Current Affairs
    • International
    • Sport
    • Health
    • Education
    • IT&C knowledge
    • Arts & Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Elections 2025
    • Environment
135 new news items in the last 24 hours
  1. Home
  2. International

Nigerian authorities announced the release of 130 kidnapped children from a Catholic school

Gabriel Dumitrache
whatsapp
facebook
linkedin
x
copy-link copy-link
22 December 2025, 12:33
main event image
International
Foto: Unsplash
google-preference

Always see our news on Google

The Nigerian government has confirmed the release of 130 Christian children kidnapped from a Catholic boarding school in Niger state, describing this moment as a 'triumph and a relief.' The kidnapping took place on November 21, when over 250 children and staff members were captured from St Mary's Catholic school. Until now, approximately 100 children had already been released.

Authorities did not specify how the latest release was obtained, including whether any ransom was paid. Additionally, the attack is part of a series of kidnappings and assaults on Christians in Nigeria, which have alarmingly increased in recent years. President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has promised that the government will collaborate with states to secure schools and improve the safety of the learning environment.

Sources

sursa imagine
EVZ.ro
Autoritățile din Nigeria anunță eliberarea a 130 de copii creștini răpiți anterior
sursa imagine
Stirile ProTV
Răpire în masă în Nigeria: Toți cei 230 de elevi capturați în noiembrie au fost salvați după o operațiune militară
sursa imagine
News.ro
130 de elevi nigerieni răpiţi în noiembrie dintr-o şcoală catolică în Nigeria au fost eliberaţi
sursa imagine
BBC
Another 130 abducted schoolchildren released in Nigeria
sursa imagine
France24
Nigeria says 130 abducted schoolchildren freed after mass kidnapping
sursa imagine
Le Monde
Nigerian government frees 130 kidnapped Catholic schoolchildren
sursa imagine
DW
Nigeria: Remaining 130 abducted schoolchildren released
sursa imagine
Al Jazeera
Nigeria says 130 kidnapped Catholic schoolchildren freed
sursa imagine
The Guardian EU
Another 130 kidnapped schoolchildren released in Nigeria

Latest News

22:08

An earthquake with a magnitude of 7.2 occurred in the Ayacucho region of Peru, with no information about casualties or material damage.

21:58

Traian Băsescu criticized the political negotiations regarding the Salary Law: "They are wasting their time trying to reach a result"

21:47

Germany has reported approximately 14,000 deaths associated with the heatwave this summer.

21:33

Mihai Dimian, the Minister of Education, about cutting scholarships for students on vacation: "We confuse the scholarship with the allowance"

21:17

The Minister of Education has denied rumors regarding the lack of surveillance cameras and the elimination of anonymization of papers in the admission exams.

See more news

NEWS ON THE SAME TOPICS

event image
International
16 girls died in a fire that broke out at a boarding school in Kenya
event image
EU
The European Parliament calls for sanctions for the crimes in Sudan, protection for Christians in Nigeria, and the cessation of child marriages in Pakistan.
event image
Current Affairs
60 students from Satu Mare were left without phones, money, and documents after their bus was robbed during a trip to France.
event image
International
Attack at a school in England: two students and an employee injured. A 14-year-old girl, arrested.
event image
Current Affairs
Students from Suceava were awarded by police for their help in catching a thief who attacked an elderly woman.
event image
Current Affairs
A man from Hunedoara threatened that he would kill the child, negotiators and special forces intervened.
app preview
Personalized news feed, AI-powered search, and notifications in a more interactive experience.
app preview app preview
nigeria rapiri kidnap catholic school Government

Editor’s Recommendations

main event image
Opinions
11 hours ago

Andrei Pleșu: About public speaking

main event image
Exclusive
8 hours ago
Original Content

EXCLUSIVE The top themes in domestic politics in trends, in the last week

app preview
Personalized news feed, AI-powered search, and notifications in a more interactive experience.
app preview
app store badge google play badge
  • News
  • Exclusive
  • INSCOP Surveys
  • Podcast
  • EU
  • Diaspora
  • Republic of Moldova
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Current Affairs
  • International
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Education
  • IT&C knowledge
  • Arts & Lifestyle
  • Opinions
  • Elections 2025
  • Environment
  • About Us
  • Contact
Privacy policy
Cookies Policy
Terms and conditions
Open source licenses
All rights reserved Strategic Media Team SRL

Technology in partnership with

anpc-sal anpc-sol