search icon
search icon
Flag Arrow Down
Română
Română
Magyar
Magyar
English
English
Français
Français
Deutsch
Deutsch
Italiano
Italiano
Español
Español
Русский
Русский
日本語
日本語
中国人
中国人

Change Language

arrow down
  • Română
    Română
  • Magyar
    Magyar
  • English
    English
  • Français
    Français
  • Deutsch
    Deutsch
  • Italiano
    Italiano
  • Español
    Español
  • Русский
    Русский
  • 日本語
    日本語
  • 中国人
    中国人
Sections
  • News
  • Exclusive
  • INSCOP Surveys
  • Podcast
  • EU
  • Diaspora
  • Republic of Moldova
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Current Affairs
  • International
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Education
  • IT&C knowledge
  • Arts & Lifestyle
  • Opinions
  • Elections 2025
  • Environment
About Us
Contact
Privacy policy
Terms and conditions
Quickly scroll through news digests and see how they are covered in different publications!
  • News
  • Exclusive
    • INSCOP Surveys
    • Podcast
    • EU
    • Diaspora
    • Republic of Moldova
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • Current Affairs
    • International
    • Sport
    • Health
    • Education
    • IT&C knowledge
    • Arts & Lifestyle
    • Opinions
    • Elections 2025
    • Environment
119 new news items in the last 24 hours
  1. Home
  2. International

Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick said that while US President Donald Trump appreciates the TikTok app, it should be transferred to US ownership

Ana-Maria Tapescu
whatsapp
facebook
linkedin
x
copy-link copy-link
28 July 2025, 06:03
main event image
International
Foto: shutterstock.com
google-preference

Always see our news on Google

Donald Trump expresses his appreciation for TikTok but emphasizes that the app, owned by a Chinese company, must be transferred under American control. Howard Lutnick, Secretary of Commerce, said this is essential to ensure national security, reflecting the US administration's stance on apps owned by foreign entities.

Sources

sursa imagine
News.ro
Donald Trump susţine TikTok, dar cere trecerea aplicaţiei sub control american, spune secretarul Comerţului
sursa imagine
Financial Intelligence
Donald Trump susţine TikTok, dar cere trecerea aplicaţiei sub control american, spune secretarul Comerţului
sursa imagine
G4Media
Donald Trump susţine TikTok, dar cere trecerea aplicaţiei sub control american, spune secretarul Comerţului
sursa imagine
Stirile ProTV
SUA insistă ca TikTok să devină proprietate americană: „Nu putem permite o aplicație chineză pe 100 de milioane de telefoane"

Latest News

11:11

Timișoara, "suffocated" for the second consecutive day by the dense smoke from the wildfires in Serbia / DSP Timiș recommends the population to avoid outdoor activities and to wear masks.

10:59

The second suspect in the Nord Stream explosions case is said to have been a consultant on a Hollywood film about the sabotage of the gas pipeline.

10:53

The escaped inmate from Baia Mare Penitentiary was caught by the police two days later. Where he was found

10:52

ANM: The heat wave intensifies on Friday across the country / 12 counties and the Capital, under a yellow heatwave warning

10:26

The stakes of Nicușor Dan's visit to New York. The President will lead Romania's delegation to the 81st session of the UN General Assembly.

See more news

NEWS ON THE SAME TOPICS

event image
International
The U.S. Department of Justice has announced that federal employees can once again download the TikTok app on their work devices, after the 2022 ban was lifted.
event image
International
Donald Trump acquired shares worth up to 1.4 billion dollars last year, increasing his holdings in large American companies.
event image
International
Donald Trump reports earnings of over 1.4 billion dollars from the family's cryptocurrency businesses
event image
International
President Trump stated that he no longer considers Anthropic a threat to national security
event image
International
American spending on TikTok Shop exceeded in July spending at retailers like Target and Costco
event image
International
The President of the USA, Donald Trump, declared last year revenues of over 1.4 billion dollars from his family's cryptocurrency businesses.
app preview
Personalized news feed, AI-powered search, and notifications in a more interactive experience.
app preview app preview
Donald Trump tiktok transfer Howard Lutnick

Editor’s Recommendations

main event image
Exclusive
1 hour ago
Original Content

21 August 2026. TV: What was discussed last night on the news channels

main event image
Politics
3 hours ago

The interim Minister of Labor, Dragoș Pîslaru, about the Salary Law: "We have explored all possible options to achieve social acceptability, respecting the fiscal-budgetary reality of Romania."

Sources
imagine sursa
imagine sursa
main event image
International
2 hours ago

The nuclear power plant at Kozloduy, Bulgaria, is reducing capacity due to the low water level in the Danube.

Sources
imagine sursa
imagine sursa
imagine sursa
imagine sursa
imagine sursa
+11
main event image
Opinions
Yesterday 08:35

Andrei Pleșu: About public speaking

app preview
Personalized news feed, AI-powered search, and notifications in a more interactive experience.
app preview
app store badge google play badge
  • News
  • Exclusive
  • INSCOP Surveys
  • Podcast
  • EU
  • Diaspora
  • Republic of Moldova
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Current Affairs
  • International
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Education
  • IT&C knowledge
  • Arts & Lifestyle
  • Opinions
  • Elections 2025
  • Environment
  • About Us
  • Contact
Privacy policy
Cookies Policy
Terms and conditions
Open source licenses
All rights reserved Strategic Media Team SRL

Technology in partnership with

anpc-sal anpc-sol